Bookmark and Share

Friday, September 17, 2010

What Brought Me Here

Hi, my name is Vickie Barker and here to share what I have been learning. It started many years ago when I had a headache and good medical insurance. By sharing I may find someone that can relate to my experience and find some relief in knowing that education is the key. We can SAVE LIVES and we might as well begin with our own.

In 1991 I was a 35-year-old district manager for the Department of Human Resources in the Adult and Family Services Division. I had good medical insurance, so I went to see a doctor about headaches that were really only a minor annoyance at the time. The doctor prescribed pain pills for my headache. The headache went away but other problems began to surface.

During the next 12 months I was diagnosed with TMJ, sinusitis and even depression. I was given more pills for those symptoms as well. The next year, my doctor told me that I now suffered from "chronic fatigue" and prescribed more pills.

By 1993 another term was added to my list of ailments-something called "fibromyalgia." Now I had a name for the new pains I'd begun to feel all over my body. What a relief it was when I was prescribed more pills for fibromyalgia.

1994 brought a new round of symptoms and extensive testing with nuclear medicine, injections, magnetic waves and, of course, new prescriptions for more drugs. The term "multiple sclerosis" was added to my vocabulary and my doctor told me I had three to five years left to live.

I had five young children and there had to be a better solution than three to five years of more suffering and an early death. It occurred to me that I may be suffering from the adverse effects of prescribed drugs.
I began researching and discovered how the human body works. I also discovered a wonderful mentor: Barney Folger.

I hope you can make use of the information found at the Advanced Scientific Health (ASH) website. Feel free to click the link and listen to the ASH Info Calls.

GO TO ASH NOW!

Blessings to you and yours!

"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge" ~Hosea 4:6

No comments: